- This event has passed.
VCHRI Celebrating 20 Years of Research Excellence
May 9 @ 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
2023 marks the 20th anniversary of the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI). Since our inception, VCHRI has played a pivotal role in leveraging the impact of research on public health and patient care.
Join us on May 9 as we celebrate two decades of groundbreaking research discoveries that have transformed health care delivery in British Columbia and beyond, through a variety of exciting activities:
- Celebrate the direct impact of health research on patient outcomes with a full-day lineup of panels and presentations
- Explore the latest health care technology trends and win prizes at our Innovation and Industry Showcase
- Network with colleagues and make new connections while enjoying free-flowing food and beverages
- Untapped potential of technology in health care delivery
- Innovation, translation and commercialization in today’s health care system
- Empowering women in research to move women’s health forward
- Moving innovative solutions into clinical practice
- Panel discussion
- Strategies to influence healthy aging and quality of life for seniors
- Keynote presentation “Translational Perspectives on Bridging the Bench and Bedside at Vancouver General Hospital for Acute Spinal Cord Injury” by Dr. Brian Kwon
- VCHRI Investigator Awards Presentation
- Innovation and Industry Showcase [12pm – 5pm]
- NZ Technologies
- Centre for Aging SMART
- Centre for Cardiovascular Innovation
- Centre for Lung Health
- Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health
- International Collaboration on Repair Discoveries (ICORD)
- Ovarian Cancer Research Centre (OVCARE)
Follow #VCHRI20Years for event updates.
The event is proudly sponsored by the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation and UBC Faculty of Medicine.