- This event has passed.
VCHRI Celebrating 20 Years of Research Excellence
May 9 @ 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Paetzold Auditorium, Vancouver General Hospital, 899 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver
All members of VCH and UBC research community (investigators, clinicians, trainees, research and administrative staff)
2023 marks the 20th anniversary of the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI). Since our inception, VCHRI has played a pivotal role in leveraging the impact of research on public health and patient care.
Join us on May 9 as we celebrate two decades of groundbreaking research discoveries that have transformed health care delivery in British Columbia and beyond, through a variety of exciting activities:
- Celebrate the direct impact of health research on patient outcomes with a full-day lineup of panels and presentations
- Explore the latest health care technology trends and win prizes at our Innovation and Industry Showcase
- Network with colleagues and make new connections while enjoying free-flowing food and beverages
- Untapped potential of technology in health care delivery
- Innovation, translation and commercialization in today’s health care system
- Empowering women in research to move women’s health forward
- Moving innovative solutions into clinical practice
- Panel discussion
- Strategies to influence healthy aging and quality of life for seniors
- Keynote presentation “Translational Perspectives on Bridging the Bench and Bedside at Vancouver General Hospital for Acute Spinal Cord Injury” by Dr. Brian Kwon
- VCHRI Investigator Awards Presentation
- Innovation and Industry Showcase [12pm – 5pm]
- NZ Technologies
- Centre for Aging SMART
- Centre for Cardiovascular Innovation
- Centre for Lung Health
- Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health
- International Collaboration on Repair Discoveries (ICORD)
- Ovarian Cancer Research Centre (OVCARE)
Featured Speakers and Speaking Program
Follow #VCHRI20Years for event updates.
The event is proudly sponsored by the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation and UBC Faculty of Medicine.